Today’s blog will be a bit different from the ones you may be used to from me. Today’s blog is about awards.
More specifically, the Sunshine Blogger Award.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
• Thank the Blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to your blog.
• Answer the 11 Questions The Blogger asked to your blog.
• Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post or on your blog.
Anita, from the blog discoveryourhappiness, has nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. This is a blog I found recently and was just one of those blogs I connected to instantaneously. Some posts of hers were so relateable to me they brought me to tears.
This is why I was so glad when she decided to pay some attention to these here tiny little blog by nominating me for this award.
This is her blog site, please check it out. She focuses on mental health issues and the many ways to treat them:
So the way this award works is I have to answer 11 questions the person that has nominated me has set for me and the other bloggers. The questions Anita has chosen for me, as well as my answers, are:
- What is one of your biggest acievements?
To be honest, I don’t really believe in the concept of achievements. I think the term ‘achievement’ only feeds the ego. I believe in impovement, which is a continuous procedure, and to which both “achievements” and “failures” contribute.
- Where do you see yourself by the end of 2018?
I want to travel. Already, 2018 begam with me in a place I had never been before. This year has been filled with me seeing new places and I am eager to continue and see even more places, even more different to the places I am used to.
- Are you content with the life you live now?
Ha, this question made me chuckle. It is actually a question I have been going back and forth on in my head. And the answer would be: yes and no. Yes, because I definitely feel I am the best version of myself. The best version I have ever been. I know myself better than ever before. But no, because I definitely feel that I have a long way to go. Besides, there is always room for improvement. As a quote says on the walls of my gym, be pleased, but never satisfied.
- Is there anything that you are working on yourself with?
Ha, yet again, this question hit home. Like I have mentioned, I am at a point at my life where I am definitely getting to know myself better. More specifically, I am getting to know my emotional side better, in order to better control it. Because in general, I am a very emotional person.
To be honest, I don’t really have any goals for my blog. For me, it has always been a kind of therapy. Any time I set writing goals, I end up writing out of obligation and not out of true desire. I write because the words come naturally to my head, and whenever I can, I capture them on paper. The words are basically my feelings summoned into a few sentences. So if I had any goal, it would be that these words keep coming to my head.
- What is your favourite animal?
Cats, of course ^.^
- Have you ever been on a holiday? If so, where?
Yes, many places. My favorite, of course, my homeland, Santornini Greece. The place where pain stops.
Well, both have their positives. I love snowy wintery mountains. I love sunny summery beaches.
- What is the biggest obstacle you faced & how did you overcome it?
My own self, of course. My anxiety has been a reoccuring obstacle in my life, often deabilitating. But, I am learning to harness my weakness, and to turn it into a strength.
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
5 years is a bit of a stretch in terms of how I think of the future. I am more of a person who plans the next day, maybe the next week. I live on the mentality ‘Take each day at a time, because you never know what may happen in the future’. I recently have made a record by planning the next 6 months, and currently have some vague plans for next year, which incudes getting my own job, volunteering abroad, and beginning a masters degree abroad.
- Where do you go to relax?
Relaxing has always been an issue for me. My anxiety has made any given situation a vulnerablility for it to make its appearance. But I guess the places that make it’s disappearance easiest must be trains, yoga, and when I run. Oh, and when I’m in Santorini, Greece.
So, thats all for my answers! Now it’s time that I nominate my newest favorite bloggers:
One of my favorite bloggers, and a person I now consider a friend. His poems are personal yet relateable.
Through his stories/poems, M.P. Powers brings you along his journeys between 2 countires, Germany and the U.S.A.
Just this girl’s choice of a name for her blog was enough to convince me to follow.
And as for my questions…
- What’s your philosophy in life?
- What do you think is your best characteristic?
- If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?
- What was the best phase in your life?
- What was the worst phase in your life?
- Do you have any specific goals in your life? If so, what are they?
- What do you fear most?
- Do you feel you are your true self around others?
- Have you done anything you are proud of lately?
- What would you regret not have done in your life?
- Do you like who you are?
I am looking forward to seeing your reply-blogs 😀
Thanks to Anita, once again, for noticing a tiny little blog like mine 🙂